Tuesday

Early Repudiator

Yesterday, I took a big step backward! I have always been an "early adopter" when it comes to technology, but one thing that has been driving me crazy is the price we pay for cable TV; particularly when we do not watch 90% of the channels. In USA Today (iPAD app), I read an article indicating cable companies had to provide an adaptor to provide basic digital service for broadcast channels. So I checked Comcast. They do not have the HD version of their adapter here in Lynchburg, but if I'm willing to sacrifice HD, I can turn in my cable box ($9.xx per month) for an adapter ($1.99 per month) and get the basic package for $13.50 per month. So, Gretchen and I save over $40.00 per month with no change in our Internet service or its price. We still can stream any content from the web, watch DVDs and listen to music in HD and surround sound. I love being an "early repudiator!" $15.50 a month for TV is a price with which my psyche can live peaceably....at least for now. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment