Friday

Chesapeake Bay 2011

Arriving at my doorstep in 2006, the National Geographic special publication, Chesapeake, got me thinking of my days sailing on the Bay with my friend Garland in our twenties. It also hatched a plan to buy a stable, trailerable sailboat we could use to sail on the Bay once again...and we did...a Compac Suncat we named SunShower. SunShower began her fifth trip to the Chesapeake today, not without some travail. The plan was to put in at Horn Harbor Marina but when we arrived there at 3:45p.m., no one was around. A quick check of the launch ramp revealed it was in horrible shape and to shallow for SunShower. A quick call to Norview Marina in Deltaville got a slip for the night and a ramp that worked. So the trip begins here tomorrow, about a day's sail north of where I planned to start.
Now I just need to figure out where to sail tomorrow!

Tom
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: